Delhi reported a new serological test and around 23.48% registered positive in foregoing antibody tests. Out of a total of 16,95,988 Covid-19 cases, there are 5,65,103 ongoing cases according to the Union Health Ministry. The total death toll in the country has risen to 36,511. While the number of people who have been discharged stands at 10,94,374. The country’s COVID tally had crossed the 16 lakh-mark on Friday, just three days after crossing the 15 lakh infections. More than 10.94 lakh patients have recovered; the recovery rate stood at 64.52 percent this morning. India has tested a total of 1,93,58,659 samples so far. The positivity rate – the percentage of patients who have tested positive for coronavirus – stood at 8.57 percent.
Here are some quick updates on the novel Coronavirus:
- India has crossed the one lakh-mark in 110 days after the first case was reported in Kerala on January 30. More than 60 percent of total cases in the country and over 50 percent of total deaths have been registered in July.
- New guidelines have been imposed by the central government that includes:
- -Gyms and yoga centers can be open with precautions after August 5th
- -Schools and colleges remain closed till 31st August
- -Social distancing to be followed at Independence Day Celebrations
- Maharashtra, the country’s worst-hit state, registers a total of 10,320 new cases and 265 deaths on Friday, taking the total cases to 4,22,118 cases. The state has recorded the highest number of cases in India after Tamil Nadu, with 2,45,859 Covid-19 cases.
- New guidelines issued by the Maharashtra government involves:
- -Lockdown extension in the state till August 31st. Schools and colleges remain closed.
- -Malls, market places will be opened from 9 am to 7 pm
- -Theatre food courts and restaurants will remain closed.
- Assam’s Health Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said, Guwahati’s Covid-19 positivity rate, testing figures have increased to 40,269 including a nine-day-old baby testing positive. Currently, Assam has recorded 9,811 active cases, 30,357 recovered cases, and 98 deceased cases so far.
- West Bengal on Friday registered yet another single-day spike of 2,496 COVID-19 cases, taking the total cases in the State to 70,188. The state also reported 45 COVID-19 fatalities, taking the number of deaths to 1,581, the state health department confirmed.
- Rajasthan records 563 Covid-19 cases and 10 deaths on Saturday, taking the total coronavirus cases in the state to 42,646, confirmed the State Health Department.
- Himachal Pradesh reports 10 fresh COVID-19 cases on 31st July, taking the overall count to 2,574 that involves 1,086 active cases on the same day. According to the state health department, there have been 12 deaths and 1,459 recoveries to date.
- Andhra Pradesh has transcended Delhi to become the third-worst coronavirus-hit state in the country. The state has recorded over 30,000 cases to its tally in the last three days, reaching the total of those infected by the deadly virus to 1,40,933, including 1,349 fatalities.
- Israel and India are conducting trials on a large sample of patients for four different kinds of technologies that have the potential to detect COVID-19 in about 30 seconds, including a breath analyzer and a voice test, according to the Israeli government.
- The novel coronavirus has caused 675,000 death tolls, affected at least 17.3 million since it emerged in China last December, according to news agency AFP. The WHO has verified that coronavirus pandemic effects would be felt for decades.