On Sunday morning 1 person has found dead and eight injured when an LPG cylinder exploded in a house in Pimpri Chinchwad area, Pune district Maharashtra.
The incident took place in a housing society at Mahadevnagar in Dighi area of Pimpri Chinchwad industrial township.
Ten fire tenders were rushed to Ashtavinayak Society to control the situation and rescue work was underway, according to the fire brigade official of Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation.
According to the sub-inspector Raviraj Kamble, the investigating officer of the case said that the gas started leaking from flat no. 102 belonging to Mahindra Surawade family in the morning. The leaked gas reached the Dnyaneshwar Temkar’s flat which has a common wall with Surawade’s flat. When Archana Surwade lit the stove, it led to the explosion and the following fire there.”
The blast occurred around 6:30 am, the explosion was so powerful that the common wall between both the flats or Surwade and Remake’s collapsed which resulted in the death of 40 years old Dnyaneshwar Temkar while four other members of his family are injured.
Archana Surwade is seriously injured as she is 80% burnt, five other members of her family also receive injuries said, officials.