With 90,633 new cases, the infections in India crossed 41 lakh. Of the 41,13,812 cases, 8,62,320 are active infections, while 31,80,866 patients have already been discharged. As many as 1065 deaths were reported in the past 24 hours, taking the casualties in the country to 70,626.
India overtakes Brazil to now become second-highest country with 41,04,497 ongoing Covid-19 cases. According to the latest figures from the World Health Organization (WHO), Brazil has 40.41 lakh Coronavirus cases. Only the United States, where more than 60 lakh people have so far been infected, is ahead of India now. This is the first time that India has reported over 90,000 new cases.
According to the senior state health officials, Maharashtra has registered its fastest growth is coronavirus infection in August i.e. over 3.70 lakh cases. According to the data of the Maharashtra health department, last month the number of registered cases was 3,76,587, and 2,41,820 cases in the month of July while there were 1,04,748 cases in the month of June.
Coronavirus Updates In India:
- The Tamil Nadu government issued an order permitting the restaurants to function with air conditioning facilities.
- Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on Saturday stated that the state was performing well on all COVID-19 parameters as decided by the WHO.
- With new 10,825 Coronavirus cases in Andhra Pradesh’s tally gushes to 4.87 Lakh.
- Delhi’s Covid-19 case count reached 1,88,193 with 2,973 fresh infections and 25 deaths reported on Sunday.
- On Sunday, the Puducherry government launched a door to door testing of Covid-19 samples in an attempt to check the spike in new infections.